Having an established PPC campaign is not enough. What you really need is a campaign that delivers results. Make your ROI the driving force behind every aspect of designing, launching, and monitoring your campaign. HawkSEM makes all of this easier because we have the skill and experience required to create, strategize and execute successful digital marketing programs. The first 10 steps you should take to launch your PPC campaign are:
1. Determine Goals – As with other types of business strategy, goals must be specific and measurable. You must decide precisely what you want out of your advertising. This can be more sales, market expansion, a desired CPA, more precise persona targeting, more effective lead nourishment and a myriad of other things. Your goals, whatever they may be, should centered around overall ROI and Year-over-Year growth.
2. Identify Keywords—Identify keywords that adequately describe your business. These should include the services you perform, products you sell, and phrases customers would use in connection to your business. Understanding your target persona will help you develop a list of high performing keywords.
3. Expand Keywords—Expand your list of keywords to see if there are any important words and phrases that you are missing out on. Some effective ways to do this are to analyze your competitors, get a better understanding of your target audience’s search behavior to uncover more keywords, and use various tools such as Google’s keywords tool. Yes, this all takes a good amount of work and requires a certain level of experience to properly execute. Hiring an experienced digital marketing agency that understands how to utilize these aspects can help generate bottom line results for your company.
4. Prioritize Keywords—As your campaign progresses, you will be able to get a better idea about which keywords are top performers. However, to launch the campaign without professional assistance, you must rely on your knowledge of your business and the persona and search behavior of your target audience.
5. Categorize Keywords—Put your keywords into different categories based on the type of advertisements they create. The eventual goal is to establish and track different types of ads based on the type of keywords. In other words, your ads should directly relate to the search being made.
6. Set up Ads—Keep your ads short, catchy, and relevant.
7. Plan Content Keyword Targeting—Plan your ads based on the content of the sites where they will appear.
8. Determine the Desired Action for Conversion—Conversions are measured by tracking the number of people that perform a measurable task once they reach the landing page. Plan the action you want your potential customers to perform and MAKE IT EASY for them to perform.
9. Design Landing Pages—Good ads get people to your landing pages. However, you must have effective landing pages in order to turn clicks into sales.
10. Set up Means of Tracking—Establishing a new SEM campaign is only the beginning. You must also have a means to track and adjust your initial plan in order to achieve an optimal ROI.
Get Assistance for Better Results
The steps you take in launching a new PPC campaign are critical to getting the highest possible ROI. For the best results, seek assistance from an experienced digital marketing agency. They can help you launch new campaigns and monitor existing ones. Contact HawkSEM for more information on how to get the results you need.