Get to know us
HawkSEM is a results-driven digital marketing agency with roots in paid search that date back more than a decade. Our founders are based in Los Angeles and lead a remote team of marketing experts in over 15 states across the country.
As our team grows, so do our specialties
Our integrated approach to digital marketing includes a variety of service offerings, including:
- Paid Search/PPC
- Performance Display
- Shopping Feed Management
- Paid Social
- Content Marketing
Our ultimate goal
We use our collective expertise to continuously improve clients’ digital marketing programs and provide impressive, measurable results. Our 98% retention rate speaks for itself.
How’d we get here?
By practicing what we preach. Through our own ConversionIQ System (which we like to call our “secret sauce”), ROI-driven strategies, and commitment to staying on top of the latest and greatest industry developments, we’ve been able to grow our client base through a steadfast commitment to their success.
HawkSEM is looking for dedicated team members who are in it to win it, ready to hit the ground running, and look forward to growing with us year after year.
We’re a diverse, knowledgeable team of digital marketers specializing as SEM and SEO managers, lead strategists, sales executives, designers, and content marketers. Meet our team.
What makes us unique?
We believe that even a great digital marketing program can be improved. Our team is made up of multifaceted SEM and SEO managers who are trusted with full autonomy and strategic ownership over assigned client accounts.
- Client-facing relationships
- Strategy development
- Hands-on execution
Through preliminary audits and transparent communication, we partner with clients who don’t have the time or resources to effectively manage their digital marketing in-house:
Mid-market and enterprise companies
National lead generation and
SaaS, education, finance,
healthcare, & more
The remote team at HawkSEM believes in consistent, open communication. Our passion for digital marketing and constant knowledge-sharing keep us connected, no matter how many miles and time zones are between us.
Most team members are part of smaller pods and work directly with a team lead on strategy — always collaborating, never micromanaging.
What makes a stellar member of the Hawk flock?
- Frequent collaborator with a love of learning
- Obsessed with results
- Passionate about the ever-changing world of digital marketing
- Adaptable and willing to learn new strategies
- Self-driven with an autonomous work ethic
- Strong GIF game is a bonus
- Asana, Slack, and Google Meet are our go-to platforms…
Actual work/life balance
Gone are the agency days of working 60+ hour weeks. We know the best results come from people with the time and energy to live their lives.
Work where you want
HawkSEM has been a fully remote agency since day one, which enables us to source the best talent from all across the country.
Earn what you’re worth
We’ll provide you with a salary that is commensurate with your experience as well as performance, referral, and retention bonus incentives for additional earnings potential.
Invest in your future
Work towards your long-term financial goals through a 401(k) plan with company match.
Enjoy your time off
This includes paid vacation days, holidays, sick time, and baby bonding leave, as well as flexible hours when you need to attend an appointment or pick up the kiddos from daycare.
Keep your skills sharp
Expand your digital marketing knowledge through webinars, forums, workshops, and comprehensive courses. Complete a course, gain points, and redeem for fun rewards!
Make your voice heard
Join a collaborative team where new ideas and initiatives are encouraged and accomplishments are celebrated together.
Take care of yourself
We’re pleased to offer medical, vision, and dental benefit options to ensure you stay happy and healthy.
You’re also probably wondering...
What’s the path for growth as an SEM and/or SEO Manager?
High-performing team members have the opportunity to become team leads. Lead Strategists are seasoned Hawks who are always promoted from within and trusted to take on the responsibilities of a manager while also acting as a second set of eyes and sounding board for other managers in their pod.
What does a week in the life of a Hawk look like?
- Checking emails and organizing your schedule daily
- Client updates and reporting
- New client calls and onboarding
- Meeting with team leads
- SEM Managers
- Keyword research and consulting, conversion rate optimization, campaign setups and expansions, CPA monitoring, keyword bidding, text/image ads and landing page development with the web development team, A/B testing
- SEO Managers
- Keyword research, competitor analyses, onsite optimizations, technical issues and recommend fixes, blog content strategy development, editorial content calendar creation, content editing, and backlinks reviews
What resources would I manage?
2 internal designers, 3 internal developers
Our content team, 3 internal developers, 2 internal designers
What platforms and tools does the team use?
Google Ads, Google Ads Editor, Google Analytics, Microsoft Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SpyFu, Google Data Studio, Instapage, Supermetrics … if it’s effective, we use it.
How will my performance be measured?
There are tangible measurements like client retention, client feedback, and account performance. We’ll also keep an eye on the intangibles, like internal activity, knowledge sharing, and going the extra mile to help fellow Hawks.
What hours would I be expected to work?
Local 9 am-5 pm schedule. No need to wake up at 6 am on the West Coast for a 9 am East Coast meeting.
What does the onboarding process look like for a fully remote company?
- We start with a comprehensive, 30-day Asana onboarding project covering every task from adding an email signature and setting up health insurance to learning landing page design best practices and how our ConversionIQ system works. This is in addition to consistent video meetings with a team lead who will tailor your training experience and assist you in learning internal processes for things like client tracking, deliverables, reporting, etc., and adopting new/existing projects.
- We also stay connected through Slack channels covering a variety of interests like fantasy football/basketball, pets of Hawk, home gardening, cooking, and Hawks in the wild.
View Open Positions Below
Are you a digital marketing wiz specializing in Search Engine Marketing (SEM)? Can you show us your ability to optimize paid search campaigns on platforms like Google and Bing?
Do you have a passion for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy? Can you show us your ability to achieve top search engine rankings on platforms like Google and Bing?
Digital Marketing Manager
Are you a digital marketing pro with expertise in both paid and earned media? Can you show us your ability to optimize paid search, paid social, and organic search campaigns on platforms like Google and Bing?
Are you a digital marketer with a passion for building relationships and driving client retention? Do you make your clients smile with a curiosity that identifies new opportunities?
Are you a digital marketing specialist with a focus on both paid search and paid social media? Can you drive engagement and conversions on platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn?