As our team grows, so do our specialties.
Our integrated approach to digital marketing includes a variety of service offerings:
- Paid Search/PPC
- Performance Display
- Shopping Feed Management
- Paid Social
- Content Marketing
Our Mission: Possible
Hawks take FLIGHT
- High standards
We use our collective expertise to continuously improve clients’ digital marketing programs and provide impressive, measurable results. Our 95% client retention rate speaks for itself.
How’d we get here?
By practicing what we preach. Through our own ConversionIQ System (our “secret sauce”), ROI-driven strategies, and staying on top of the latest and greatest industry developments, we continue to grow our client base and keep a steadfast commitment to each client’s long-term success.
HawkSEM is looking for equally committed team members who are results-oriented, ready to hit the ground running, and eager to grow with us year after year.
We are a collective of digital marketers specializing as account managers and strategists, data analysts, developers, designers, content marketers, and sales executives. Meet our team.
What makes us unique?
We believe that even a great digital marketing program can be improved. Our team is made up of multifaceted, autonomous marketers who are given strategic ownership and trusted to continuously grow and scale their assigned client accounts, with responsibilities revolving around:
- Client communication and retention
- Strategy development
- Hands-on execution and optimization
By performing thorough, preliminary audits and maintaining transparent communication, we identify and partner with clients who don’t have the time or resources to effectively manage their digital marketing in-house. This includes:
Mid-market and enterprise companies
National and local lead generation and
SaaS, education, finance,
healthcare, consumer goods, & many more industries
As a fully remote team, we rely on open and consistent communication, recurring knowledge-sharing, and a collective passion for digital marketing to keep us connected, no matter how many miles and time zones are between us.
Hawks who join us as Account Managers become a part of several different cross-collaborative account teams, working with other AMs as well as with Lead Strategists on account strategy and client retention. They also report directly to a designated Team Lead who focuses on their personal and professional development.
What makes an ideal member of the Hawk flock?
- Frequent collaborator with a love of learning
- Obsessed with driving conversions and results
- Adaptable and willing to learn new strategies
- Self-driven with an autonomous work ethic
- Passionate about the ever-changing world of digital marketing
- A strong GIF game or custom Slack emoji game is a bonus
- Asana, Slack, and Google Meet are our go-to platforms for connecting to share everything from a new Search Engine Land article to a personal win that’s worthy of a virtual high-five.
Unlimited time off
The best results come from people with the time and energy to live their lives. Our unlimited PTO policy supports work/life balance by giving you flexibility and autonomy over your schedule. This benefit ensures our employees can take time for their health, vacations, bereavement, jury duty, religious holidays outside of our usual calendar, and other personal time needed. We also offer paid parental leave, and flexible hours when you need to attend an appointment or pick up the kiddos from daycare.
Work where you want
HawkSEM has been a fully remote agency since its launch in 2006, which enables us to source the best talent from all across the country.
Earn what you’re worth
We’ll pay you a salary commensurate with your experience, as well as performance, referral, and retention bonuses for additional earnings potential.
Invest in your future
Work towards your long-term financial goals through a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Keep your skills sharp
Expand your digital marketing knowledge through active Slack forums, consistent group-based training sessions, and HawkAcademy–an internal learning and development resource that gives you access to hundreds of courses, certifications, and more to level up your skills and professional interests.
Take care of yourself
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement through an ICHRA (Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement) as well as company-paid Life and Disability insurance. We also offer an annual health and wellness stipend. Yoga classes? Camping gear? Pottery lessons? If it improves your well-being, it’s covered.
Cover technology costs
Choose between a one-time equipment stipend or a company-provided laptop to accommodate work-related technology. We’ll also provide a monthly stipend to help cover home internet and streaming services.
You’re also probably wondering...
What’s the path for growth as an SEM, SEO, or Paid Social Account Manager?
We are proud to always promote from within. High-performing Account Managers have the opportunity to pursue different career paths at HawkSEM, whether they want to go into people management or continue to grow as strategic, individual contributors.
- Senior Managers are SMEs in their respective channels and are consistently praised for their strong account performance, client retention, and ability to excel in cross-collaborative teams.
- Lead Strategists are seasoned Hawks who lead client accounts, maintain client relationships, and collaborate with account managers on high-level strategy and execution.
- Team Leads focus on the direct management and personal growth of account managers; their success comes from ensuring that account managers are operating at a high level, staying productive, and meeting expectations, while also facilitating their continuous learning and career path goals.
As the organization expands and we maintain strong employee retention, many Leads have gone on to become Associate Directors and Directors, helping us grow the agency to new levels.
What support teams would I work with?
- We have internal teams of designers and developers, as well as teams of freelance content writers and backlinks vendors.
- We also have an internal analytics team for all things conversion tracking, tagging, reporting, and data analytics.
What platforms and tools does the team use?
- Depending on your channel specialty, you will find yourself working directly in the UI of platforms like Google Ads Editor, Meta Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Microsoft Ads, Amazon Ads, and WordPress.
- Additional support tools include SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SpyFu, CallRail, Google Analytics 4, Google Looker Studio, Google Tag Manager, Instapage, MS Clarity, and Supermetrics, just to name a few… If it’s effective, we’re on it. If you know of something that would make us better, we’ll try it.
How will my performance be measured?
- Tangible measurements include client retention, feedback, and account performance. We’ll also keep an eye on the intangibles, like internal activity, knowledge sharing, and going the extra mile to help fellow Hawks.
- As a new hire, we set you up with 1:1 sessions at 30/60/90-day marks to get your feedback throughout your onboarding experience while training you on certain development materials like our Hawk Academy.
- Throughout the year, you will have regular 1:1s with your manager to support your day-to-day role, as well as quarterly development check-ins that are documented by both manager and employee for transparent feedback on ongoing performance while allowing employees to highlight their goals and what success looks like for them.
- Annually, all staff members receive a 360 Review that is tracked through our Project Management tool, Asana. 360 Reviews include 5-8 peers who will complete a review template for a given role that holistically captures an employee’s career based on hard skills, soft skills, and our Hawk company values.
What does the onboarding process look like for a fully remote company?
- We start with a comprehensive, 30-day Asana onboarding project covering every task from adding an email signature and setting up health insurance to learning landing page design best practices and how our ConversionIQ system works. This is in addition to consistent video meetings with a team lead who will tailor your training experience and assist you in learning internal processes for things like client tracking, deliverables, reporting, etc., and adopting new/existing projects.
- We also stay connected through virtual all-company events and Slack channels covering a variety of interests like fantasy sports, pets, cooking, tv/movies, outdoor activities, and many more.
If everyone works remote, what hours would I be expected to work?
Local business hours. No need to wake up at 6 am on the West Coast for a 9 am East Coast meeting. We encourage and respect boundaries set on your calendar, email, and Slack.
How do billable hours and time-tracking procedures work?
We prefer to empower, not micromanage. We don’t get bogged down with time tracking for billable hours. Instead, we provide transparency to account managers around client size and expected workload, to help them prioritize their work in a way that makes sense for their particular client roster.
View Our 2024 Hiring Roadmap Below
Are you a passionate digital marketer specializing in Search Engine Marketing (SEM)? Can you show us your ability to optimize paid search campaigns on platforms like Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising?
Do you have a passion for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and content strategy? Can you show us your ability to achieve top search engine rankings on platforms like Google and Bing?
Paid Social Manager
Are you a creative digital marketer with a focus on social media? Can you develop and execute paid social campaigns that drive awareness and conversions on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn?