We all live in a world where we’ve become accustomed to instant gratification. “Wait” has become a four-letter word in the business world. When it comes to improving your organic web traffic, you want to see results yesterday. Unfortunately, just as Rome wasn’t built in a day, so too can you not expect to build a better ranking in the same amount of time.
Yet that’s not to say that you can’t see dramatic increases in a relatively short amount of time. Depending upon the amount of work that you’re willing to put into optimizing your content in order to improve your ranking, isn’t unreasonable to think that within as little as three to four months, you can start seeing an upward spike on your organic traffic.
10 Traffic Rules to Live By
The trick is knowing just how to make such increases happen. Here are 10 tips on what to do in order to see your search engine ranking improve:
- Optimize: Focus on developing meta titles, descriptions, and keywords that are optimized to take advantage of those words and phrases proven to lure in traffic in your industry.
- Employ analytics: Don’t be afraid to use analytic programs to find those long-tail keywords that are guaranteed to lead to high conversion rates.
- Focus on quality, not quantity: Don’t simply flood your site with keywords. Focus on creating quality content that will lead to unique ranking improvements such as author rank. Moreover, you must generate relevant content that provides value to your target audience.
- Utilize blogs: Including too much text on your main landing pages can make it difficult for customers to find exactly what it is that they want. Thus, move some of your keywords and phrases into blogs, allowing you to improve your rankings without inundating every customer with too much information.
- Rely on the experts: Don’t be afraid to ask an industry expert to post a blog on your site, thus benefiting from his or her insider knowledge.
- Be authoritative: Customers look to you for expertise. Be willing to answer any all question related to your business and your industry.
- Watch your bounce rate: Check your content for keywords that will contribute to a high bounce rate, and modify it if needed.
- Look for long-tail terms: Use long-tail phrases built around specific keywords rather than simply relying on words with the best search traffic. You’ll find that conversion rates with the former are typically higher.
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to outsmart the search engines. Focus on your own content rather than trying to game their systems.
- Be patient: Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Remember that the process of improving your ranking is a marathon, not a sprint.
Improving your organic traffic flow isn’t overly complicated. Our team members here at HawkSEM are experts at increasing organic web traffic. When you choose to work with us, you will see increases in web traffic and more importantly a greater ROI from your marketing efforts. If you have questions or would just like to talk strategy with one of our all-star team members, give us call and let us work our digital marketing magic for you.