The right performance marketing software can lead to better productivity, reduced overhead costs, and more high-performing campaigns.
Here you’ll find:
- What performance marketing software is
- The benefits of performance marketing platforms
- The best performance marketing software tools
- Why pairing software with an agency is a good bet
We track so many aspects of our lives these days.
We measure our sleep cycles, project workflows, workouts, spending habits, and more.
And if you’re part of a marketing team, you’re probably no stranger to tracking in your professional life as well: from customer behavior and preferences to campaign results, lead sources, and more.
This data is gold to help inform future marketing decisions and reduce ad spend, after all – but only if you capture the data efficiently and manage it correctly.
This is where investing in a marketing performance software tool to aggregate and analyze data can help.
What is performance marketing software?
Performance marketing software is a tool that helps you analyze and better understand how your campaigns are performing and tracking toward your goals.
For example, if you set up a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign today, you’ll want to gather insights on how your audience is reacting to the campaign so you can optimize it for improved performance. You’d also want to use that data to predict how your audience might react to future campaigns.
Performance marketing software does exactly this. It helps you:
- Analyze and optimize campaigns
- Understand trends and customers’ reactions
- Monitor campaign results
- Create engaging and customized reports
In essence, leveraging a performance marketing tool can help you manage your marketing campaigns better. And because it shows you exactly where your budget is going and which campaigns are getting the best results, it helps you maximize your return on ad spend (ROAS).
Here are the top eight software programs we recommend:
- Google Analytics
Top Performance Marketing Software Picks
ConversionIQ is a solution created by HawkSEM and is exclusive to our clients. This product was designed to help our customers capture the right target audience, discover actionable insights, and convert high-quality prospects.
And it’s not all talk. ConversionIQ has, time and again, delivered real, proven results. With this software, we’ve improved lead qualities by 60%, reduced cost-per-acquisition (CPA) by 40%, and increased lead volume by 2x for clients like Microsoft, Columbia University, and Datadog.
Those results were possible due to features like reports of all key performance indicators (KPIs), trend performance, quality score and audience optimization, and deep integrations with SaaS solutions and apps like Salesforce, LinkedIn, Google Ads, HubSpot, Marketo, and Shopify.
Customer relationship management (CRM) teams that already have an existing solution benefit the most from our technology.
- Improve forecasting. This tool helps you leverage forecasting to better predict a campaign’s results.
- Use integrations. Easily track revenue and conversions across platform integrations, such as Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Optimize results. Analyze, understand, and optimize marketing campaigns more confidently.
- User-friendly. The platform is user-friendly, which makes it easy to view important metrics and make informed marketing decisions.
ConversionIQ is included in our management services and free for clients.
The Optmyzr team has been around since 1998. Its team members were some of the first people who helped create and manage Google AdWords, now known as Google Ads. Through the years, the company has won multiple awards, opened offices around the globe, and managed many happy clients.
So, what can Optmyzr do for you? The company has two marketing solutions: OPTMYZR Core and Campaign Automator. The former helps you create and run better campaigns, while the latter automates your entire process.
- Easy to use. GetApp and Software Advice users love that the software is easy to use and has all the necessary functions and features.
- Multi-functional. It’s an all-in-one platform that provides the necessary data, relevant metrics, integrations, notifications, reports, and other features your marketing team needs to scale business and make impactful decisions.
- Helpful customer support. Users on review platforms mentioned their customer support team was helpful and provided customized inputs and solutions based on the users’ needs.
- Suitable for enterprises. Because this solution’s features are geared towards heavy reporting, it is especially useful for larger businesses.
Prices for Optmyzr Core start at $208 per month, and Campaign Automator starts at $249 per month. Custom quotes are available and newer businesses (less than three years old) can get a discount on a new software setup.
Search engine ads are one of the best marketing strategies. With Adalysis, you can run automated PPC ads and improve results by analyzing, optimizing, and monitoring campaign results.
That’s because Adalysis includes features like insights, notifications, A/B testing, campaign creation, reporting, campaign performance monitoring, and data visualization.
Adalysis also has impressive auditing capabilities. Users can run customizable audits to check landing pages, ads, campaigns, search terms, placements, ad extensions, and keywords.
- Comprehensive features. You can automate and run A/B tests, customize audits, receive results across six metrics, and run thousands of tests simultaneously.
- Multiple pricing options. If your monthly spend is up to $50,000, you’ll pay $99 per month. Similarly, you’ll pay $199, $249, $249, or $499 for a monthly spend of $150,000 – $500,000. You’ll need a custom quote for ad spend above $500,000.
- Suited for varied teams. Adalysis is adaptable to suit the needs of marketing agencies, in-house PPC teams, and small businesses. With this solution, you can automate PPC ads, create streamlined workflows, implement bulk actions, and get recent forecasts and AI-powered suggestions.
- Pre-built template library. You can share reports with clients by editing premade templates and adding custom branding to them.
As mentioned above, the pricing is tiered. It begins at $99 per month for ad spend up to $50,000, and can extend to above $499 per month.
Trusted by names like Dropbox, DoorDash, Etsy, and Spotify, Opteo will streamline processes for your marketing teams. With this solution, you can see the improvements and setbacks of your campaigns in a systematic way.
You can also keep a pulse on trends, get access to summaries and reports, and get data-backed insights — all of which will help you improve your conversion rates.
Opteo also has a “scorecard” feature. These scorecards help you evaluate your account’s performance based on a score of 100. These scores are an overview of search term coverage, remarketing, budget limitations, match type breakdown, and projected spending.
- Provides better visibility. The solution allows users to weed out search partners, placements, and site categories with bad traffic. This allows you to make your product visible on sites with a good reputation and gives you higher visibility from quality leads.
- Slack integration. All notifications and alerts can be sent directly to your Slack account, as Opteo integrates with the app.
- Budget management. You can set budgets and preferences on Opteo to get notifications, scores, spend progress, and budget status. This will help you keep track of critical changes and Google Ads spending.
- Ad alerts. Opteo allows you to create alerts to spot errors, issues with budgets, and to track multiple KPIs, account flatlines, and failed payments.
Four pricing options are available: Basic, Professional, Agency, and Enterprise, priced at $99, $199, $399, and $799, respectively.
Trackier is an affiliate marketing software trusted by names like Wakefit, Yoga Bar, and Times Internet. The company touts its impressive 300-plus API integrations, presence in more than 20 countries, and awards from the likes of Finances Online and Crozdesk.
And for a good reason, too. Their host of features include coupon code support, multi-touch attribution, payout in various currencies, smart links on AI, pixel management, and feature-rich API.
You can also integrate the platform with e-commerce stores like Shopify, Shopee, Amazon, and WooCommerce. It has everything a marketing team working with influencer partnerships can ask for.
- Intuitive and easy. Customers report that the solution is intuitive and easy to use for tasks like campaign monitoring, editing, reporting, and billing.
- Multiple integrations. The product has many integrations, making it easier to run campaigns (not to mention everything becomes centralized because of these integrations).
- Personalized dashboards. In the world of influencer marketing, relationship management is an important task. You can manage relationships through transparency with personalized dashboards for affiliates that have project goals, performance metrics, and commission rates.
- Automate process. Trackier allows you to set up automations for monthly payouts, KPI monitoring, and conversion rate thresholds.
You’ll have to get in touch with the company to get an estimate on pricing.
Cake, also known as Get Cake, is a performance marketing platform that helps users analyze results in real-time. The company offers three resources: one for affiliate marketing, the other for lead generation, and the last for multi-channel marketing.
With the affiliate marketing solution, you get data-driven insights in real-time, customizable reporting, account management, SOC 2 security, 24/7 customer support, audit trails, referral rewards, email marketing templates, and location and device targeting.
Multi-channel marketing has the same features, but it also offers fraud prevention and mobile measurement.
On the other end, the lead generation solution provides benefits such as field validation, schedules based on buyer profiles, multi-touch attribution, timely reporting, one-click lead returns, tracking of calls using integrations like Invoca and Velocify, and restricting the routing of leads.
- Extensive features. If there’s one pro that everyone is gushing about, it’s that this platform has impressive features that top the competition.
- Multiple integrations. The platform is well integrated with platforms like Bing, Facebook, OpenMail, Payoneer, Authorize.net, BannerFlow, and Nura.
- Two-way APIs. Give your affiliates the ability to manage their workflows, campaigns, and performance through two-way APIs.
- Role-based permissions. Customize permissions and access levels based on user names, departments, and roles.
Custom quotes are available upon request.
7. Google Analytics
Since Google Analytics is a solution all marketers know and love, we thought it was only fair to add it to our list.
However, as favored as Google Analytics may be, there can be a learning curve if you’re not familiar with all of the ins and outs of the platform. That said, there are plenty of benefits, which is why nearly all marketers leverage this Google tool.
- Multi-channel insights. The biggest reason most users keep going to Google Analytics is because it shows and predicts insights based on customer data from different marketing channels.
- Free to use. The product is free to use, sealing the deal for most users.
- Analytics and forecasts. Get analytics based on customer segments, and use Google’s forecast feature to understand trends and create future campaigns.
- Third-party referrals. Find out where most of your traffic is coming from (which websites, search engines, and social media channels).
The product is free for all.
With more than 100,000 customers, over 200 integrations, 73% list growth for its customers, and $14 billion in untapped revenue from Klaviyo automation, this product is a go-to for many businesses seeking successful email and SMS marketing.
With Klaviyo, you can see customer behavior in real-time and get audience insights. You can also view all customer communications, get predictive insights, and find customer information with the click of a few buttons.
- Automated solution. The product helps you segment customers and keep in touch with them through email or SMS. You can also get predictive insights and run A/B tests — all of which can be automated.
- Timely insights. Klaviyo updates customer trends in real-time, which is especially helpful during events such as holiday sales or Black Friday deals.
- Industry benchmarks. Find how your campaigns rank against your competitors’ based on factors like frequency, growth, average item value, and monthly revenue. Klavyio also provides you with suggestions on how to improve your campaigns.
- Template libraries. Get inspiration from premade SMS, sign-up forms, email, and automation templates. Edit the templates as you see fit with Klavyio’s drag-and-drop feature.
The price of email services starts at $45 per month, and the price of email and SMS services starts at $60 per month. A free version is available too.
While it’s beneficial to stay on top of the latest performance marketing programs, you can get peace of mind and some serious time back in your day when you hand over the operations to a digital marketing agency.
As a team of trained professionals, we can understand your performance marketing efforts and use real-time data to make timely decisions and help you tap better leads and get more sales.
And if you choose to hand over operations to HawkSEM, we can always use our proprietary technology, ConversionIQ, to know what decisions to make ahead of time.
Not only that, but as a full-service agency, we can tackle your paid search, SEO, paid social strategies and much more.If partnering with a team of trusted professionals sounds like the right choice for you, you know how to get in touch with us.