It takes a great B2B SEO agency to know one. (And as a top 3% SEO agency with a 98% retention rate, we know one when we see it.)
Here, you’ll find:
- What a B2B SEO agency is
- Why you need to invest in B2B SEO in 2023
- The top B2B SEO agencies to consider
- Everything you should expect from a B2B SEO partner
The SEM agency challenging what is to help you create what’s next.
Helping B2B software companies turn content into a growth channel.
Victorious is committed to shaping search marketing into a sustainable pipeline for lead generation.
Helping businesses succeed by connecting them with the right customers online.
|Services|| || || || |
|Best For||B2B/B2C, ecommerce, SaaS, finance, healthcare, education, professional||B2B SaaS companies||SMB and local services||SMB and local services|
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of today’s most important growth channels.
But in the modern business-to-business (B2B) landscape, you need more than a basic understanding of keyword research and content creation to yield results.
That’s where a B2B SEO agency comes into play.
Don’t know where to begin? Here’s a list of the top SEO agencies we highly recommend:
Top B2B marketing agencies to consider in 2023
- Omniscient Digital
- Higher Visibility
- Ignite Visibility
- Convince & Convert
- Grow & Convert
- Apollo Digital
- Overthink Group
HawkSEM is a Los Angeles-based digital marketing agency founded with the belief that even a great digital program can be made better.
Since its establishment in 2006, HawkSEM has helped countless clients enjoy positive results from their SEO campaigns — and we’ve got the case studies to prove it:
- After the launch of its new website, DesktopReady had very little organic presence. After working with us for six months, they were able to grow from ranking in just four search terms to 468 and increase its users by 409%.
- Easly partnered with HawkSEM with the goal of building a successful, scalable SEO strategy. This partnership resulted in a 2500% increase in referring domains for their website, a 1500% increase in the brand’s keyword portfolio, and more than 40 featured snippets on SERPs.
We were able to accomplish these results through best SEO practices, including:
- Conducting thorough technical SEO audits to identify issues affecting domain crawlability and other on-page and off-page issues
- Expanding and optimizing existing content to target key search terms and long-tail keywords
- Creating new pieces of content covering blog and pillar pages to target different stages of the sales funnel
- Implementing conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategies to improve user experience
- Looking for link-building opportunities to improve domain authority
Other notable qualities that puts HawkSEM in the top running? “We are a top 3% agency,” says HawkSEM CEO Sam Yadegar, and “we have our own proprietary software to make sure we are helping businesses move the needle and not just drive vanity metrics.”
This proprietary software, ConversionIQ, gives us improved access to metrics and campaign data, which helps us implement data-driven tactics that create lasting results.
Best for: B2B/B2C, ecommerce, SaaS, finance, healthcare, education, professional services
- PPC Management Services
- Content Marketing
- Paid Social Media Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Ecommerce Marketing
- Verizon Media
Omniscient Digital is a premium B2B SEO agency with an intense focus on quality content for growing B2B software companies.
They’re relatively new to the industry, founded in 2019. But over the last four years, Omniscient Digital has been able to work with some of the most notable industry names, producing substantial results that contributed to their overall growth.
They’ve worked with the likes of Wordable, Jasper, and AppSumo. Through their expertise and experience in B2B software, they’ve managed to help them develop a robust SEO strategy through content and turn that into a viable growth channel that generates product trials and signups.
Not bad for a four-year-old, right?
Omniscient also offers other SEO services, such as content production and optimization, link building, and technical SEO.
If you’re looking for a full-service agency that you can turn to for online marketing tactics like on-page optimization, PPC, or social media marketing, they’re not for you.
But if you’re a B2B business looking for content marketing experts that can help you develop absurdly high-quality content, they’re a good choice.
Best for: B2B SaaS companies
- Content strategy and production
- Link building
- Technical SEO
Victorious SEO is a premier SEO agency based in San Francisco. Its team uses performance metrics and data-backed strategies to deliver business-impacting results with breakneck speed.
They offer extensive B2B SEO services focused on SEO audits, keyword research, link building, and SEO content catering to a wide range of verticals, including the following:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Real estate
- Law firms
- Luxury brands
- News publishers
- Cannabis industry
As a company specializing in SEO, this agency has secured its spot in the industry among the elite, winning awards from the likes of Search Engine Land, Clutch, and the U.S. Search Awards as a top B2B SEO company.
Best for: SMB and local services
- Ecommerce (Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce)
- Real Estate
- SEO for News Publishers
- Cannabis SEO
- Citron Hennessey
- Save the Music Foundation
- Eden Health
- Union Bay
Higher Visibility is an award-winning digital marketing agency that has been growing B2B companies and beyond since 2009.
Although the company does offer other digital marketing services, it specializes in organic lead generation tactics like on-page SEO, building internal links, earning external backlinks through outreach, and more.
It was recently named SEO Agency of the Year by Search Engine Land and has won that distinction four times.
That’s a big deal.
What’s more, its work has been featured in top domestic and international publications like Inc. Magazine, Forbes, Search Engine Land, and The Huffington Post, to name a few.
Best for: SMB and local services
- Local SEO
- Website design
- Link building
- PPC management
- Evolve Bank & Trust
Ignite Visibility was launched in 2013. Its mission is to provide exceptional results in everything they do, whether it’s digital marketing, customer experience, or employee and community success.
In over a decade, the B2B SEO company has become one of the highest-awarded agencies in the industry. To wit, its landed a spot on the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list five years in a row, and was ranked #1 SEO company on Clutch.co in 2022.
They’ve worked with over 160 clients ranging from small startups to household names. This long list includes the likes of Tony Robbins, The Knot Worldwide, and Experian.
If you need help developing an organic marketing strategy, digital PR, international SEO, or local SEO, Ignite Visibility has the holistic mindset and genuine dedication to your business’s growth and bottom line.
Best for: B2B, SMB, lead generation, ecommerce
- Website design and development
- Google penalty removal and recovery
- Amazon optimization and marketing
- Online reputation management
- Email marketing
- Franchise marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Tony Robbins
- The Knot Worldwide
Most B2B companies already have a strong marketing team in place and have established themselves in their industry, needing just that extra push to get them over the edge.
This is where Convince & Convert shines.
Convince & Convert is a group of marketing experts and strategic advisors that helps businesses establish the right connections with potential customers in order to drive better qualified leads.
And when it comes to understanding what your B2B business needs marketing-wise, they know their stuff.
Led by New York Times best-selling author and highly sought-after keynote speaker Jay Baer, they have worked with some of the biggest names in the B2B business-sphere, including Cisco, Oracle, SAP, SharpSpring, and JK Moving Services.
Look to this company to help you elevate your organic marketing efforts through their digital marketing consulting and content marketing consulting services.
Best for: B2B, enterprise technology, financial services, hospital and healthcare, travel and hospitality
- Content creation
Grow & Convert is an SEO-focused content marketing agency. It was founded with the goal of helping B2B businesses address their most significant pain points by helping them create really high-quality content.
G&C prioritizes return on investment (ROI) above all else. This means they hold themselves accountable for the results they deliver.
Essentially, the team wants to ensure your SEO efforts get you qualified leads, not just traffic.
To do this, the agency offers a content marketing done-for-you service, which helps you develop the proper content strategy and takes care of everything else, including:
- Keyword research
- Identifying the target audience
- Content writing
- Building internal and external backlinks
- Measurement of results
Through six years of experience in the industry, the agency has been able to serve the needs of dozens of clients and help them produce and rank hundreds of articles on the first page of search results. To date, they have produced thousands of conversions for their clients.
Best for: B2B, enterprise technology, financial services, hospital and healthcare, travel and hospitality
- Content creation
JumpFly is a dynamic SEO agency offering revenue-driven SEO services to ensure you’re not just getting empty traffic. Their focus lies on driving the most value to your business, which means using the right messaging for your target audience in order to attract more visits from people who can and will convert.
This SEO agency highlights communication as the foundation of its SEO and PPC consultancy services, designed to help you make the most of your marketing efforts.
Because hiring an SEO agency is such a personal decision, it insists that you hold off on choosing one until you’ve spoken to a strategy-driven thought leader. And with their unparalleled experience and expertise in B2B SEO, the likelihood of you making a decision increases dramatically after you’ve spoken to their experts.
JumpFly is also a Premier Google Partner, Facebook Marketing Partner, Microsoft Partner Agency, Snapchat-Certified Partner, and has an A+ rating from the BBB.
If you’re looking for reliable experts who will work with you to develop the right strategy, JumpFly is certainly worth your consideration.
Best for: Lead generation and ecommerce, SMB
- Paid search and display
- Paid social media
- Amazon Ads management
- Jura Coffee Machines
- Depalma Studios
Apollo Digital is a results-driven SEO agency that has managed to produce stellar results for small and big companies alike since 2017, including helping SaaS companies grow their monthly organic traffic to 200K+ visitors.
As a firm believer in scientific marketing, the top-tier SEO company applies scientific and analytical methods to its marketing tactics to take out all the guesswork. This involves taking control of all the variables involved in order to create a positive outcome.
Apollo Digital’s SEO services include high-quality content creation, link building, and a fully-managed SEO service that puts them at the helm of your organic growth efforts. This includes:
- Auditing your current SEO efforts
- Finding placement and ranking opportunities through keyword research
- Producing new content to take advantage of these new opportunities
- Continuous tracking and optimization to ensure you stay on track
Apollo Digital is based in Sofia, Bulgaria, and can be an excellent go-to company if you’re planning to reach audiences in Europe and beyond.
Best for: SaaS, ecommerce, and local businesses
- Content creation
- Link building
- BPM Software
Overthink Group is a small team of content marketers, strategists, and SEO consultants dedicated to helping B2B brands and other businesses grow their customer base through the power of high-quality content.
They offer a variety of content production and consulting services. But most of their clients begin with their content and SEO start-up project, which is a comprehensive service that takes a deep dive into your and your competitors’ content.
By the end of the project, you will have gained key information about how to dominate your industry by knowing:
- What topics and concepts to write about to take advantage of placement opportunities
- How to beat your competitors by elevating your own content
- What tactics to employ to stay relevant
Overthink Group also offers ongoing monthly retainer for content consulting and content production services for blogs, case studies, landing pages, and more.
If you’re not looking to commit to a monthly retainer, they also have an a la carte service for one-off projects, full-scale content library production, and other ad hoc content needs. Pricing for these services will vary, depending on the type of project, so better get in touch with them for more information.
Best for: Finance, healthcare, SAAS, martech, conservation, nonprofit
- Content production
- HarperCollins Publishers
What is B2B SEO?
B2B SEO refers to the strategies and tactics employed by B2B companies to improve brand awareness, increase visibility, and attract potential customers organically.
This involves optimizing their website and its content and creating new ones to place the business in front of their target customers. In this case, their target audience comprises key decision-makers from other companies actively seeking to engage with their products or services.
When done right, it can attract the right audience and increase lead generation, conversions, and sales for your B2B business.
How is B2B SEO different from B2C SEO?
The tactics employed in B2B SEO are largely the same as that of B2C SEO, which includes:
- Creating buyer personas
- Keyword research
- Creating new content
- Optimizing existing content and other on-page elements like page titles, meta descriptions, and page URLs
- Link building
- Tracking, measuring, and analyzing results
The main difference between these two SEO types is their audience, which means the approach to these tactics will also vary significantly.
Since B2B SEO involves a more knowledgeable audience, your SEO strategy will need to account for longer sales cycles and complex buying processes, which means:
- Producing more content for multiple decision-makers and stakeholders
- Targeting informational and transactional keywords (i.e., more longtail, specific keywords, not just high-volume ones)
- More in-depth research to find relevant, highly-personalized link-building opportunities
- Specific content written for each stage of the B2B buyer’s journey
What goes into a successful B2B SEO strategy
B2B SEO is a process that combines strategy and tactics to boost your business’s online presence and compel target audiences to take action. But before you can get the desired result, you must set up a strategy that delivers on its promise.
A B2B SEO company will help you create a strategy that identifies your target audience and their pain points. This way, your SEO campaign doesn’t just focus on bringing in traffic, but drawing in the right traffic that turns into loyal long-term customers.
Here’s an overview of the various elements of B2B search engine optimization strategies.
An SEO audit is the first step to understanding your site’s issues and the opportunities it has to improve. At HawkSEM, we identify it all from on-site and off-site factors to keyword research and competitor analysis.
With all this data, we can develop a plan to optimize your site for search engines and your target audience. Once we understand why your site isn’t ranking and converting, our team will implement the best SEO strategies to bring you to the top.
Keyword research is about more than finding high-volume keywords. The goal isn’t to get the most traffic possible, but to get the right people coming to your website. As a B2B company, you want to target decision-makers who can find your product, understand its value, and make a purchase.
Identifying the search terms they use to find your products and services will help us develop a strategy that reaches your target audience.
Link building is a major factor in your search engine ranking. When relevant, high-quality websites link to your site, it tells Google that your site is trustworthy. Generating backlinks for your website requires strategic partnerships with other websites in your industry.
Since we’ve been in the game for over a decade, we have a network of non-competitor B2B sites we can use to get your guest posts published and pointing back to your website.
And if we don’t, we can conduct outreach to find and build meaningful relationships with sites in your industry.
On-page SEO helps search engines understand what your site is about. It consists of things like:
- Relevant keywords regarding your industry, services, and products (so visitors don’t bounce away and hurt your search rankings)
- High-quality content that educates and engages your target audience (so that they stick around)
- Images and videos that aren’t too large and contain relevant alt text (so Google can understand them)
- Metadata, such as title tags and descriptions, that is optimized and clear to understand (for Google and internet searchers)
After analyzing your on-page optimization elements, a high-quality SEO agency will dive into correcting mistakes and improving areas that’s hurting your rankings.
Off-page SEO is a process used to improve the credibility and visibility of your website through external sources. It’s done by building relationships with other websites and creating content that can be shared and linked back to your site.
It’s also about linking other websites to yours, which helps boost your authority with search engines. This type of optimization is important for boosting rankings, driving traffic, and increasing conversions.
Technical SEO dives deeper into the elements of a website that many businesses may overlook. For example, it ensures you have the following:
- Web design that’s fast loading (so visitors don’t become frustrated and bounce)
- Site architecture that makes it easy for search engines to crawl and index your pages (so that you can be found and ranked)
- User-friendly website navigation (so visitors can easily find what they’re looking for fast and stay longer)
- Mobile-friendly web design that’s fast loading and easy to use on any device (so that your site is accessible to all audiences)
- Internal link structure that helps visitors find other relevant content and pages to learn more about their issues, your business, and its solutions
- Schema markup, which is “search engine talk” that provides additional context to search engines (so they know more what your site is about and how to properly rank it)
- Robots.txt file to prevent search engines from crawling parts of your site you don’t want indexed (e.g., duplicate content pages, log-in pages, thank-you pages, etc.)
This is only the tip of the iceberg of technical SEO. It’s a tedious but necessary process that’s best left to the pros to ensure every nook and cranny of your site is audited for performance.
A/B testing is an experiment marketers run to determine what copy, design, offerings, keywords, and other SEO factors that can improve conversion rates. For B2B SEO, this may include testing:
- Keywords: Sometimes, the keywords you expect your audience to use aren’t correct. Understanding this prevents getting irrelevant traffic to your website.
- Headlines and subheadings: Testing different headlines and subheadings can identify which resonates best with your target audience and drive more clicks and engagement.
- Color schemes and design elements: Testing different color schemes, fonts, and design elements can identify the most visually appealing to your audience and improve the overall user experience.
- Content length and format: Testing different content lengths and formats (such as blog posts vs. infographics) can identify which types of content perform best with your audience and drive more traffic and engagement.
- Call-to-action (CTA) buttons: Testing different CTAs (such as “Download Now” vs. “Learn More”) can determine which drives the most conversions and improve the overall effectiveness of your website. This also includes CTA button placement to see which gets the most clicks.
- Mobile responsiveness: Testing the mobile responsiveness of your website can identify any issues hindering your website’s performance on mobile devices, which is increasingly important for SEO.
Conducting A/B tests gathers valuable data about your target potential customers and how to guide them to take the actions you want them to take. For example, your audience may already understand their issue and just want a solution.
So rather than wasting their time over-explaining the issue, you can jump right to your product or service’s benefits and make it easy to sign up.
A B2B SEO campaign is nothing without a highly-targeted content strategy. You need a mix of high-quality, in-depth educational content on your blog to help your audience understand their pain points and how to resolve them (with your help).
Then once they’re ready to move forward, we create sales enablement content your sales team can use to increase sales. This includes case studies and testimonials, website content, and landing pages that speak to their concerns, challenges, and pain points, making it easier to convert them.
This requires expert copywriting and content writing skills best performed by professional writers.
Target audience research
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a startup or an established business. Knowing who your audience is and how they maneuver throughout the sales funnel is critical to being at the right place at the right time.
This is accomplished through extensive research and data analysis to understand your audience’s language, the type of content they prefer, and the keywords they search for. Then we build customer personas using real data, not guesswork.
The more we know about their behaviors and search intent, the better the content and copy we can serve them to build trust.
B2B SEO reporting
B2B SEO doesn’t account for much if no data supports your campaign’s performance. Analyzing your B2B SEO metrics monthly will determine how well your online marketing strategy is working.
This requires pouring over mountains of data from Google Analytics and other platforms to see:
- How many people are visiting your website
- Length of time visitors stay
- Which landing pages drive the most traffic
- What pages drive the most conversions
- The keywords driving the most relevant traffic
It’s a lot of information to track and decipher, so we recommend using a B2B SEO agency to manage the monitoring and reporting for you.
Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Conversion rate optimization is how you get from meh to wow website conversions. It consists of determining why your site isn’t converting and making improvements to increase the rate visitors convert into qualified leads.
Some ways this is possible is by:
- Using heat maps to understand user behavior better and improve page layouts and content
- Conducting customer surveys to learn why they did or didn’t convert
- Running A/B tests to learn which elements are most effective for your audience
- Adding exit intent popups that display when a visitor tries to leave to get them to sign up for a newsletter or fill out a form before they go
- Personalizing web page and landing page copy to connect with specific segments and drive action
With the right skills and patience, CRO can turn an OK website into a high-performing hub.
Local SEO is a subset of SEO that focuses on ranking your website to attract customers in your geographic area. It uses elements in search engines, such as Google My Business profiles and Google Maps listings to get your business found by those searching in your area.
Your B2B SEO provider’s goal is to get your business ranked in the top three positions on Google’s Local 3-Pack to increase your odds of getting calls and visits from target customers.
When should you hire a B2B SEO agency?
B2B SEO contains a lot of moving parts. You could waste time and resources on ineffective strategies if you’re not careful.
For instance, if you’re a small business with limited personnel to manage all your SEO efforts or have the team but lack the knowledge or time to do it in-house, bringing aboard a B2B marketing agency is ideal.
It may also be beneficial to partner with a B2B SEO company if your business:
- Wasted months on SEO and is seeing no results
- Wants to improve its ranking on SERPs but doesn’t know which keywords to target
- Needs assistance with content creation, link building, or other SEO techniques
- Has a large site with a lot of pages and need help with site architecture
- Needs help researching and targeting the right audience
- You want someone to monitor and report on changes in SEO performance
- You’d like guidance on how to best optimize landing pages, website copy, blogs, etc.
Your business is your top priority, but this doesn’t mean you can’t let go of the reins to allow experts to take the wheel.
Knowing when to outsource your SEO needs can be the difference between sinking and swimming in organic search engine results pages (SERPs).
Why work with a B2B SEO agency?
B2B SEO is a multi-faceted approach that requires consistent effort in performing all SEO tasks and optimizing for a wide range of factors to increase your ranking on SERPs.
It requires a holistic approach, from setting up the right strategy to adjusting it as necessary to put your business in the best position to turn other businesses into your customer.
Of course, you may also encounter complex issues along the way, which means dedicating even more time and resources into solving these problems. But rather than meeting these issues head-on, B2B companies like yours can outsource your SEO needs to a B2B SEO agency.
With an intimate understanding of the B2B landscape, B2B SEO agencies leverage their expertise to help you navigate through the complexities in your industry and help you:
- Develop a comprehensive SEO strategy
- Create high-quality, targeted content
- Establish you as an authority in your industry
- Save time and resources in running your campaigns
- Keep track of the right metrics to further improve campaign performance
Yadegar explains it best:
“[B2B SEO] agencies take full responsibility for strategy and execution so brands can focus more on higher-level strategic business goals without getting caught into the intricacies of execution.”
How do you choose the best B2B SEO agency?
B2B SEO agencies are the best choice for brands looking for a comprehensive strategy with tried and true experience while looking for dependable long-term results.
But how do you choose who to partner with?
Here are some factors to consider:
- Industry experience: Look for agencies with experience and a track record of success working with B2B companies in your specific industry. Familiarity with the nuances and challenges in your industry helps speed up time and reduce costs.
- B2B expertise: The agency should be able to demonstrate its expertise in providing tailored strategies for B2B businesses.
- Communication: Pay attention to how they communicate. Aside from the language they use, they must also understand the importance of responsiveness and providing regular updates to keep in the loop.
- Extent of services and pricing: Your agency of choice must offer the specific services you need, whether it’s managed SEO, link building, or content marketing.
FAQs about B2B SEO Services
What are B2B SEO services?
B2B SEO services are the specialized techniques that improve the organic visibility, traffic, and conversions of business-to-business (B2B) websites.
What are B2B SEO deliverables?
B2B SEO deliverables should include a site wide audit, keyword research, competitive analysis, on-page optimization, off-page SEO and CRO. Here is a bulleted list of deliverables:
- Audit & recommendations
- Conversion tracking setup
- Keyword analysis & recommendations
- Competitive landscape & industry analysis
- Technical SEO
- New content & on-page optimization
- Off-site strategy
- Custom Reporting
How much do B2B SEO services cost?
B2B SEO services can cost between $2,500 – $10,000+ per month, depending on experience, timeline, scope, and desired goals.
How long does it take to see results with B2B SEO services?
It typically takes around 6-12 months to see results with B2B SEO services.
The right agency partner gives your business access to valuable insights and converts these insights into actionable strategies that positively impact your bottom line.
When partnering with a B2B SEO agency, thoroughly evaluate each candidate by looking at all the essential qualities to determine how much value they bring to your business.
You can begin your search by looking at the options on this list to see which one can help you reach your goals.
And if HawkSEM is one of the options on your list, you are welcome to speak to our experts to explore how we can contribute to your business’s success.