High-quality content is a team effort. Check out the best content marketing agencies that were reviewed and vetted by our team of editors.
Here, you’ll find:
- What content marketing agencies do
- The top content marketing agencies to consider
- What services and industries each agency specializes in
- Why now’s the time to ramp up content marketing efforts
There’s no denying the power of content marketing for businesses today. It’s how brands build visibility, gain trust, and convince prospects to become long-time customers.
The SEM agency challenging what is to help you create what’s next.
Helping great brands scale with SEO-focused content marketing.
Grow & Convert
A content marketing agency and consultancy that helps growing businesses.
Globally recognized full-service digital agency driving revenue growth.
|B2B, B2C, Ecommerce, SaaS, Finance, Healthcare, Education, Professional services
|Medium enterprise and ecommerce
|B2B and healthcare
And it seems to be working — roughly 67% of consumers rely on content more since the pandemic, so they can research before making a purchasing decision.
So, you can’t really blame the 75% of marketers that planned to increase their content marketing spend in 2022.
If you haven’t already joined them, make 2024 the year you start.
Worried about the time and learning curve required to build and execute an effective content marketing strategy? A content marketing agency partnership may be just what you need.
Top content marketing agencies:
- Siege Media
- Grow & Convert
- Influence & Co.
- Omniscient Digital
- Blue Corona
- Growth Machine
What is a content marketing agency?
A content marketing agency is a company that offers content planning, writing, editing, and distribution services to clients. The most common clients of a content marketing company include small, medium, and enterprise companies across all industries.
You can find content marketing agencies at different price points based on the level of services required. This makes hiring one an ideal choice no matter what stage of business you’re at.
The question now is, which content agency matches your needs and budget?
Let’s find out.
HawkSEM is where businesses come when they need a well-rounded content marketing agency that can manage a strategy from concept to completion and beyond.
This means we take the time to understand your business’s goals and map out the steps needed to achieve them using content marketing. Our experts achieve this by deep-diving into your audience to understand their pain points, desires, types of content they consume, and channels they frequent.
Then we design a plan to connect your business’s offerings with your top-tier prospects to not only attract, but convert them into customers.
And we do this for companies across various industries, including SaaS (software-as-a-service), education, ecommerce, technology, manufacturing, finance, travel, and everything in between.
The content marketing services we offer include:
- Assessing organic traffic goals
- Building, auditing, and monitoring backlinks to your content
- Analyzing and creating content
- Analyzing keywords using our proprietary software, ConversionIQ to determine the best terms to attract high-converting audiences
- Optimizing metadata (titles and descriptions) for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Implementing schema markup
- Finding and removing 404 errors from your site (because your site’s health is just as important to your ranking as producing high-quality content)
Mommy’s Bliss used our SEO content marketing services and saw a 79% increase in total keyword rankings. We’ve also worked with notable companies like Honda, Microsoft, Nike, Verizon, and Merrill Lynch.
2. Siege Media
Siege Media is an SEO-focused content marketing and creative agency that’s worked with brands like Zillow, Intuit, Airbnb, Quicken Loans, and Trip Advisor. It offers a range of services, including:
- Content strategy
- Link building
- Content creation
- Graphic design
- Blog design
- Video production
- SEO consulting
Whether you’re looking for an advisor or executor for your digital strategy, they have a service that fits the bill. The range of services Siege Media offers means you get an all-star team of strategists, marketers, and designers to build and manage your campaigns.
If increasing your return on investment (ROI) is a top priority (as it should be), then give these pros a ping.
3. Grow & Convert
Grow & Convert is an SEO agency that focuses on content production to achieve higher rankings and traffic for clients. And, as its name suggests, its primary goal is to help businesses grow and convert more customers.
They’ve done this for notable brands like Patreon, Crazy Egg, LAWCLERK, Powered by Search, and Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
When you partner with Grow & Convert, you get a team that executes an entire SEO process from beginning to end. This includes:
- SEO audits
- Recommendations for changes to your site
- Identifying high-value keywords that can help your site rank higher
- Outlines and content briefs for writers
- Content and web page production using the keywords and research from the outlining and briefing stage
- Link building to boost your site’s authority
- Regular reports to show how your site’s ranking and driving traffic over time
Grow & Convert’s promise is to deliver great content pieces monthly, along with high-quality backlinks. And they don’t report on just vanity metrics like some agencies — they focus on metrics that matter, such as leads and conversions.
If you need to boost visibility fast, it also has a PPC campaign service.
SmartBug is a digital marketing agency that’s all about working smarter, not harder, on your marketing campaigns. This is why they offer full-service digital marketing to clients looking to hand off multiple processes to a team that can deliver results.
It does this by bridging together the three areas that matter most to your business: sales, marketing, and customer satisfaction. Some of the services it offers include:
- Demand generation using branded content to create awareness
- Revenue operations to increase sales enablement and promote revenue growth using a CRM integrated by marketing experts to collect and analyze customer data
- Ecommerce marketing for the online retailers that need to increase sales
- Paid media ideation and management
- SEO to get your content to the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Public relations to build relationships with media so you can get your brand mentioned or featured in its content
And this is just the surface of the various content marketing services it offers to businesses.
5. Influence & Co.
Influencer & Co. aims to simplify building a positive image for your brand. This includes designing a mix of content types with four unique goals:
- Generating leads
- Ranking on search engines
- Enabling sales teams
- Establishing your brand as a thought leader
It has a marketing team of content strategists, creators, and editors to ensure every piece developed meets quality standards and your business goals. They even have public relations (PR) and content pitching services to get your content featured in media outlets — a tactic to boost your visibility and traffic faster.
For a decade, Influencer & Co. has helped businesses build amazing content and results-driven campaigns. It’s worked with numerous big names, including Microsoft, Dell, AIG, and American Airlines.
Here’s a look at some of its services:
- Writing (blogs, case studies, guest posts, white papers)
- Design (infographics and other downloadable content)
- Technical website audit to ensure your site is functional
- Content audit to ensure your posts and pages are on par with your strategy
- Content strategy to keep your editorial calendar in good shape and in line with business objectives
If you’re looking for an agency that knows SEO best practices and can get your content ranked and in front of your target audience, then this is it.
6. Omniscient Digital
Omniscient Digital is an agency focused on helping high-growth B2B brands boost revenue through organic strategies and channels.
The agency’s specialty is custom strategy building and research paired with conversion-centered content. The result: targeted SEO tactics that help companies grow and scale successfully.
They’ve partnered with well-known B2B software brands, helping them achieve next-level returns on their investment, including:
- & more
While Omniscient is an admittedly specialized agency (they don’t offer a full suite of paid or social services, for example), their niche focus means they’re confident about being able to exceed client expectations when it comes to organic marketing.
Foundation is a content agency that targets B2B SaaS businesses and places heavy emphasis on research and data. Its teams perform exclusive research that belongs to your business. Publishing research reports equals big traffic (and conversions) for notable brands like Sprout Social and HubSpot that put out annual reports on topics that matter most to their audience.
Why does this work? Because offering free, but valuable information builds trust.
Foundation then distributes it across various platforms and content types. For example, it pulls insights from the report to create a series of social media posts and Twitter threads. And repurposes it into a blog post that dives deeper into the various findings in the survey.
The agency offers a range of content services that include:
- Strategy lead by vetted strategists
- Creation by vetted top-tier writers
- Distribution to ensure all of your content gets the attention it deserves
Foundation has worked with dozens of big SaaS brands, including Loom, Airtable, Salesforce, ClickUp, Canva, and Grammarly.
8. Blue Corona
Blue Corona boasts being the champ of digital marketing for home-service companies. So if you’re offering plumbing, HVAC, home cleaning, or another local service, then this is a good pick.
Some of the professionals it caters to include contractors, home builders, landscapers, movers, and pest control companies. It has a range of digital marketing services, which include:
- Google local service advertising
- Local SEO
- Email marketing
- Yelp ads
- Lead recovery
- Lead capture live
- Social media marketing
- Web design
When you work with Blue Corona, you can expect an increase in leads and sales using a strategy that differentiates your brand from the competition. The agency optimizes your marketing costs to ensure no dollar’s wasted and that you only spend on what’s necessary for your business’s needs.
I can’t lie: Contenthorse is an excellent name for a content agency. But it’s not for just any business — it caters to a particular set of clients: B2B SaaS companies with revenue between $500,000 and $5 million ARR (annual recurring revenue).
If your business falls in line with that criteria, then they may be the agency for you. Some of the brands they worked with include GetResponse, Poptin, Surfer, and Lemlist. And right on its home page, it boasts helping dozens of companies generate over 150 high-quality leads from content each month.
It achieves this using a proven framework that’s generated over $20m in ARR for its clients. The process includes:
- Researching your ideal customer profile to ensure content-market fit and use of the right channels
- Building a marketing strategy to drive high-quality leads from ROI-based content
- Content writing to ensure your articles are properly optimized for people, not Google’s algorithms
- Strategic distribution to get your content in front of your target customers (e.g., via Quora, paid social, Medium, etc.)
- Content CRO (conversion rate optimization) to ensure your content is performing as it should — if not, they go back in to improve it until it gets better results
Sound like your type of agency? Then get on the Contenthorse today.
Animalz is a content marketing agency that isn’t afraid to venture into the wild side to get results. It’s known to dabble in uncharted territories, testing new and unique techniques to see what works and what doesn’t.
And then writing insanely practical articles to share their experiences.
This turned them into a thought leader in the content marketing industry. It’s the agency other agencies attempt to mimic.
Unfortunately, Animalz isn’t for every business. It caters to enterprise companies, VC firms, and startups. Sound like you? Then you may be interested in their services:
- SEO consulting (e.g., keyword research, editorial planning, content audit)
- Brand awareness (e.g., blog articles, conference presentations, thought leadership content)
- Lead generation (e.g., landing pages, eBooks, white papers)
- Product marketing (e.g., video scripts, knowledge base articles, case studies)
- Promotion and distribution (e.g., link building, email copy, social media copy)
Some of the brands that found great results using Animalz includes Sellbrite, 360Learning, Parabol, SimpleLegal, and AdEspresso.
11. Growth Machine
Growth Machine is the agency that helps any business at any stage of their journey — combinator startups, growth stage companies, and Fortune 500 enterprises.
It has strategists and a team of writers to plan and execute client content strategies. The primary service it offers is search-focused content marketing, which consists of planning, writing, optimizing, and link building.
It’s helped numerous companies increase weekly and monthly visitors, including Kettle & Fire, Ridester, and Tovala. Plus, it has big name clients under its belt, such as Adobe and Intuit.
If this agency sounds interesting, but you want to learn more about its experts, then check out its podcast to learn more about the agency’s industry views.
Codeless is the content agency brands like Monday.com, Zapier, and Freshworks go to when they need content that ranks and converts into ROI. It uses SEO, PR, and content writing to help businesses reach marketing goals.
Codeless does this using its team of strategists to plan long-term strategies that outperform competitors relying on cookie-cutter or thrown-together “tactics.”
Instead, it uses a proven workflow it designs specifically for each client. In general, it consists of:
- Strategizing (e.g., keyword research, ranking plan, topic selection)
- Production (e.g., style guide development, content outlines, draft review)
- Optimization (e.g., editing, plagiarism checks, content formatting, CMS uploads, and on-page search optimization)
Whether you’re looking to outsource some or all of your content marketing, you’ll find Codeless is an affordable option. It’s even capable of handling large-scale projects.
For example, in 2021, Codeless helped Monday.com write 1,000 SEO articles. Mind: blown.
Clearvoice takes content marketing agency to another level by introducing a platform and marketplace of freelance writers you can hire and manage in your dashboard.
Every writer must pass an in-depth test before becoming a part of the marketplace. To access this marketplace, you pay a monthly fee. Then you can build a team of writers from various niches for ongoing monthly work — or one-off projects.
But you’re not left to yourself — you have a dedicated account manager to ensure you have a satisfactory experience. Or they’ll manage it all for you, so you can focus on your business.
It’s an ideal solution if you’re looking to scale your content development without much involvement on your end.
Verblio makes it to this list due in large part to its own marketplace of vetted writers to execute content creation. Some agencies build your strategy, but it’s up to your team of writers to execute the briefs.
It boasts a team of 3,000 high-end writers based in the U.S. and everyone undergoes rigorous testing that’s reviewed by an in-house team. Some of the content it produces includes:
- Web copy
- Blog posts
Plus, it can take on your project, no matter how large. So if you’re feeling ambitious and want to produce 500 articles in 2024, the team at Verblio can make it happen.
Worried about sifting through thousands (literally) of writers for your project? No need, because Verblio writers pick you. Just tell them what to write and only pay for the content you like. Double win.
Content marketing is a priority for many businesses today. It’s why companies are increasing their budgets to scale content operations. But who says you have to do it all on your own?
With the help of a content marketing agency, you can ramp up your content efforts without sacrificing your time. There are over a dozen agencies out there that can help you, no matter your business size or industry.
Hopefully, you’ll find one on this list that suits your needs. If you think HawkSEM is the best content marketing agency to partner with, then reach out to our experts today!